Desktop Support Engineer
In this role you will be a very hands-on, senior member of a the Technical support team responsible for PC desktop, laptop configuration ,mobile device, and application support including Windows operating systems and software and other applications. This is an internal customer-facing role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent verbal communication skills. In consultation with the Service Manager, the incumbent contributes to the efficient allocation of computer hardware and software resources, maintains business applications, and ensures the reliability and sustainability of information and communication resources. Using effective communication, technical, and analytical skills the Senior Desktop Support Engineer manages projects, provides technical support including maintenance and upgrading of resources, assigns staff to resolve operational issues, and, within delegated authority, supervises support personnel.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications hosted on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, on Microsoft Terminal Services, on JBOSS, Tomcat, IIS, Web Sphere, etc.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests Desktop Support
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office and any other authorized desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support, troubleshoot and performs remedial repairs on printers, computer hardware and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Provide user data and application recovery
- Responsible for tracking hardware and software inventory
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years equivalent work experience
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist essential
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2000/2003/2008 experience
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 support
- VERITAS Enterprise Backup Software
- Working knowledge of SMS, AD, Exchange 2007/2010 and remote control tools
- Professional image and grooming
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills
Show all Jobs